Derby Railway Engineering Society
The Derby Railway Engineering Society was founded in 1908 to serve the needs of the railway engineering community in Derby, England, a prestigious function which it continues to this day. The present Society keeps members informed by means of lectures and visits. These enable a free interchange of ideas through lively social contact, providing opportunities for business "networking" or simply keeping in touch with friends in the industry. By getting involved with our activities, members also get the opportunity to develop professionally. Our membership includes those who are active in the railway engineering industry today, older members who formerly worked in the industry and those who simply have a keen interest in railways from an engineering perspective.
Most of our meetings are open to members and non-members alike, although we do encourage interested parties to apply for membership which gives a number of advantages. The Derby Railway Engineering Society was founded in 1908 to serve the needs of the railway engineering community in Derby, England, a prestigious function which it continues to this day.
· CERTIFICATES OF ATTENDANCE - DRES now provides electronic 'Certificates of Attendance' which can be used as evidence of professional development by attending individuals (for certain events.
· DRES celebrates the 175 years of railways in Derby. Click here to visit the Derby 175 website.
· NEXT LECTURE: ''How the Railways came to Derby in 1839" by Dave Harris on Thursday, 23rd Oct 2014, at 1820hrs.(DRES AGM will precede lecture at 1800hrs). Click here for more information
· AGM DOCUMENTS: Please click here to view the documents related to the AGM to be held on Thursday, 23rd Oct 2014, at 1800hrs.
· August 2014 Newsletter: Click here .
· Visit to the Railway Accident Investigation Branch (RAIB) at Stores Road in Derby on the 6th Nov 2014. Click here for more information.
· Visit to the Midland Railway Study Centre at Silk Mill in Derby on the 30th Oct 2014. Click here for more information.
· VISIT REPORTS: Rail Vehicle Engineering Limited (RVEL). Click here for more information.
· VISIT REPORTS: London & North Western Railway Co. Ltd. (LNWR). Click here for more details.
Derby Railway Engineering Society Website updated by Parth Gupta